Sunday, February 2, 2014

****SnOW dAY****

Today was not only the perfect snow day, but the perfect Sunday.( besides the groundhog seeing his shadow)
Jeff, Case and I woke up around 6 am and layed in bed, cuddled, talked about making pancakes, changed a diaper, nursed and then fell back asleep until 9:30. It was so perfect to be snuggled up to my Lil family on a very chilly, snow moving in morning. Case was passed out between us making some of the cutest sounds I have ever heard. We got up, Jeff ran to the store( and was there for awhile, the snow storm was in full swing), he made pancakes when he got home, then he worked out in the garage on a project he is currently in the middle of. Case and I vegged all day today, watching the weather on TV and confirming their reports by looking outside. Idk what it is about snow but it still makes me feel like a kid. I started thinking and getting excited about taking Case out for his first snow experience in the next few years. I hope he loves it! I can't wait to show him all the wonders and blessings of this world. There's so much to teach and to show.
      This I feel like is one of the most rewarding things about being a parent. Getting to watch a Lil one experience things for the first time. Even watching Case experience touching his hand to mine intentionally for the first time today. Seeing life through a fresh pair of eyes. Sounds so exciting and thrilling. I vow to Case, promised him today, in these exact words----" I will make everyday an adventure, For u to learn from, find intriguing, and something to smile about. I will teach you to appreciate your surroundings and make the sweetest of lemonade out of the lemons ur life gives you. I promise to make trips to the grocery store not so drab, take u to the park and even build bonfires and forts with u. We will camp, play in the dirt and explore outside. We will do all the lil boy things and get our hands dirty. I will be your teacher as long as u will let me. Laughing and enjoying life. I want u to live ur life to the fullest. Through me, with me, and even after me. I promise to make ur life as perfect as I can"

-- I do not take these words lightly. Everything will b a learning experience. An adventure. Whether its great, good or not so good. Even the not so fun lessons have to be learned. Someday. We have so many plans ahead of us, as do him and Jeff :) I plan on spoiling him to my full potential in this area of his life. He's my Lil buddy, to hang out with and now I have someone to mold and shape :) a happy person. :)

So on this snow day, I know alot of u were upset and complaining, but make the most of it. Be happy u are here to see the snow. Its still beautiful even if it causes problems in ur schedule. Take a chance to just marvel and evaluate the beautiful scenery. Its Gods paint for a painting. Just stop and breathe. Be grateful. Smell the roses, well not technically, since it is helacious outside. But you know what I mean :))
Enjoy ur night :) I'll be writing soon~

×J Shae×

No comments:

Post a Comment